Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Is This As Good As It's Going to Get?



     What a poopy few weeks. Depression and anxiety as well as physical illness with no identifiable cause, and now I have a painful tenderness in my neck near my throat, making swallowing painful. Last week, my home town was again hit by a tornado, while other parts of Oklahoma were simultaneously afflicted. At least one school in Moore was damaged (and our Governor opposes storm shelters in public schools, because she is an idiot). I have lost all hope at getting any kind of decent job, and in the past few days have been wondering...at this point in my life-is this as good as it is going to get? I turn 31 on August 17th, and in one year I have accomplished NOTHING. I am juggling the idea of moving into a new apartment complex or out of Norman entirely, because of the paranoia, bigotry and even hate I see growing daily here. Currently we have some storms out west, but tornadic conditions don't seem to be a current issue. Last year, we had a nearly dead tornado season. I wonder what this one will look like?


     More people have died this year of the flu in Oklahoma then ever before, since records began being kept in 2009 (why did they not start keeping records until then?). It seems to continue to linger, even now into spring. I wonder if it will make it through summer. the 1918 killer flu began in spring time and stayed around through summer. That flu killed more people than the black death. I would not be surprised if the flu is becoming more lethal than previous years. The last few years have had bad influenza experiences. As for Ebola-don't think it has gone away...its just that the media have found "more interesting" things to focus on. Cases have just topped 25,000! An Ebola vaccine is currently in the works. I am skeptical that it will be very effective at first, until there are multiple trials to "work out the bugs". This outbreak has blown the previous ones out of the water. Keep your eyes to the heavens for blood, smoke and mist.


     Are you familiar with the book Heaven is for Real? The boy in the story has since revealed that the account is a lie and was cooked up by his father. Although this is one NDE story that has been declared false, it does not in any way effect my belief in God, or the after life. As I write this, we are getting deeper into storm watches. I am always looking forward to storms and hope to see an impressive one, though I doubt I will ever see one like in May 2013! I walked from Norman 7 miles to Moore to check on loved ones, witnessing the ruins of the town I grew up in, I could not help but feel like we were speeding into the Tribulation, but I will say that my views concerning the 'unveiling' have radically changed in the last couple of years and for the most part have become a Preterist. The third blood moon is coming on the 4th in time for Passover, and rumor has it that tomorrow will be another near earth asteroid fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment