Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Moorenadoes

     As you have probably already seen on the news (if you didn't experience it directly), the city of Moore (my hometown) was decimated yesterday afternoon by a massive tornado. The death toll was decreased from the 50's to 24 over night. Some bodies had been acidentally counted twice. Unfortunately a large percentage of the fatalities were elementerary school students at Plaza Towers Elementary. May God be with those families, and everyone else that was effected by the storm. Fortunately all of my loved ones are accounted for, which at first I was unable to get a hold of my mother until this morning. Many great people and organizations have been helping with the relief. I want to personally thank Journey Church in Norman, the University of Oklahoma and the Oklahoma National Guard for their wonderfull efforts, and the life saving warnings given out by the weathermen.

     Some people will ask "where was God during the tornado"? I will answer that now. God was present in the immediate and unselfish response of Public Safety Workers, Members of religious and aide organizations and every day people. God was there during the tornado and is still there, in the helping spirit of the responders and volunteers. Meteorologist Mike Morgan claimed that this could be the worst tornado in the history of the world. I don't know if that is true, and time will tell, but I can agree that it is at least one of the worst in the history of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment